Just in time for the iOS 5 launch today, Apple has released its AirPort Utility app for iOS 5. The app allow users to manage and configure their WiFi networks from their iOS 5 iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
AirPort Utility works with all Apple 802.11n Wi-Fi base stations, including Airport Express, AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule. The app is available for free download from the iTunes App Store.
Here are the details:
See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network and devices, including change base station and network settings, or managed advanced features such as security modes, wireless channels and more.
Airport Utility works with all Apple 802.11n WiFi base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule.
- See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network
- Get information about your connected Wi-Fi devices
- View and change network and Wi-Fi settings
- Restart or restore a base station or update the firmware on a base station when available.
- View or update passwords for your network, base station or disks
- Easily access network information such as IP address, DNS servers and router addresses
- Manage DHCP reservations and port mappings
- View status or error messages for your base stations.